This course has been delivered around Australia, and has been designed from over 20 years experience of facilitating groups, stakeholders and communities from a broad range of backgrounds, environments and sectors.
Big groups, small groups, in-house groups, public forums, reference groups, deliberative groups, angry groups and more, there are few dynamics that Joel hasn't worked with.
Jam packed with insights, practical techniques and strategies, to assist groups to form, work together, generate ideas and arrive at an outcome. The day is designed to be interactive, to ensure the strategies discussed are practically understood and not just theories.
More specifically we will explore:
- The role of facilitation and the facilitator
- The four key tasks of the facilitator
- How to build credibility and the contract with the client and participant group
- Techniques that assist with different facilitated outcomes e.g. idea generation, prioritisation, visioning and participant management
- How to design a session to achieve the desired outcomes in a number of contexts
This course explores the theoretical, ethical and practical consideration of designing, implementing, analysing and reporting on any given project/process.
This course is for people who need to understand evaluation and how to ensure the outputs are useful. Its applied approach focuses on strategy, structure and clarity of purpose:
- Define the different types of evaluation
- Provide tools to develop a robust evaluation framework
- Explore different data collection methods
- Offer a set of indicators to evaluate your engagement project
- Identify the key ethical considerations when undertaking engagement
- Build skills in survey design and analysis
Click here to download the flyer
Strategies for Dealing with Opposition and Outrage in Public Participation
Being able to assess the emotional triggers for a project and then understanding how to either prevent or mitigate these is an essential element to any engagement program.
Based on the work of Peter Sandman, this course helps organisations to understand that technical risks are NOT the main reason people get upset.By not understanding the difference between outrage risks and technical risks, organisations can enter engagement projects unprepared for the reactions that follow.
This two-day course is IAP2 certified, and can be completed without having done any other IAP2 training. Training includes - manual & handouts, full catering and IAP2 certification.
Change is natural, change is a constant, yet change can be one of the hardest things individuals, organisations and communities face.
Regardless of the context, understanding the fundamentals of change management are essential if you are in a role where you are supporting or leading engagement or change. There are both structural and psychological considerations to managing change.
This workshop takes a practical look at change management and is designed to help you plan and engage people through the change process.
- Increase your understanding of the fundamentals of change management
- Increase your understanding of the key elements to consider when managing change
- Increase your capacity to plan and implement change management strategies
Explore the role of Facilitator and beyond tools and techniques, hone your ability to "read" a group and know when to intervene!
Deep dive into what makes people tick, and how a facilitator can support a group and make all the difference.
- Explore how facilitators maintain their neutrality with groups where there is conflict
- Identify how to respond in the moment to the challenges that may arise
- Practise the ability to read a group and make calls about what interventions to make
- Introduce ways to build a more deliberative approach
- Introduce ways to bridge divides and take groups into deeper conversation
Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
Drag & drop content here