Strategies for Dealing with Opposition and Outrage in Public Participation - ONLINE - IAP2 certified
Dates: Wednesday 29th July 2020 & Friday 31st July 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm WST
Cost: $880 inc GST
Format: Online - Live and interactive
Facilitated by: Joel Levin
This two day course is for people wanting a practical understanding of what triggers outrage in community engagement, how to assess for it, plan it and manage it.
Peter Sandman, internationally acclaimed risk communication/outrage management specialist, has joined forces with the (IAP2) to develop a workshop that will:
• Demonstrate the difference between traditional ‘risk’ assessment and an ‘outrage’ assessment
• Understand outrage, its drivers and how to conduct an outrage risk assessment
• Identify practical strategies for dealing with emotion and outrage in public participation settings
• Practice these strategies and apply them to current or planned engagement programs
• Utilise a stakeholder assessment tool that define individual drivers and responses
• Explore ‘in-room’ strategies for managing outrage
Click here to download the flyer
Register below. Pay now via credit card or optionally pay on receipt of invoice.
If booking for a group be sure to input the number of people you are registering for in STEP ONE of the booking form.